Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just a Normal Day...For Me

Let’s get started:
1.|  NO HEADACHE!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might be past the worst of my sugar withdrawal. I only fantasized about chocolate frosting a few times today, and in my fantasy it was on CELERY!
(No, not really.)
2. | My delightful husband made a wonderful packed lunch for me today, which I forgot at home. Despite the error, I stuck to my eating plan NO PROBSKI.  And I didn’t even have to gnaw my arm off!
3.|  I was so busy at work that time went by very quickly and I got a lot of junky crappy stupid junk done.
4.|  Stirfry for supper! HOLLA! We got to eat outside on the porch! DOUBLE HOLLA!!
5. | Best of all, I felt full before the food was gone at each of my meals…and I Actually Stopped Eating the Food That Was Still in Front of Me. Can you tell my brain has been scrambled by this turn of events?  In addition, I’ve been walking about with my mouth agape, and my eyeballs hanging out by their springs. I am just THAT surprised.
6.|  I’m enjoying a cup of licorice spice tea in the mug My Mom gave me. It is pale green, and says the word  JOY on one side and has the Chinese character for “joy” on the other side. At least I hope so. Since I don’t read Chinese, it could very well say, “subtle bicycle armpits,” or “fenced pewter cello” and I wouldn’t know. It probably says, “Your country owes us several trillion dollars. Enjoy your tea before we round you up and sell you all off, organ by organ.”
On second thought, I think I’ll stick with JOY.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today I was calm. For most of the day, anyway. There were a few irritants, but it was mainly a roll-with-it-y kind of a day.
Lately my brain has been behaving kind of like those squirrels who were goofing around in my backyard the other day. It’s been hopping around in circles…round and round…busy, anxious, worried. Today, it was like the squirrels were having a calm little tea party (the nice kind), sitting at a white-painted-cast-iron patio set, sipping daintily at steaming cups of Valium Tea.
Yes, I know  there is no such thing, but wouldn’t it be funny? Of course it would be no time at all before they’d have slid to the fronts of the chairs, with an arm hooked over the back, head tilted toward the sun, eyes closed, with their little tongues hanging out.
So, my brain was calm. Answers to questions seemed obvious. There was very little dithering and indecisiveness. I was able to follow a thought path from the time a conversation was sidetracked by a related story ALLLLLLLLLL the way back to the point I was trying to make. Two or three times!! I know, right?!
That makes for a mighty nice day. Nothing big deal, but just enjoyably normal.
How about you? What’s your criteria for an enjoyably normal day?

No comments:

Post a Comment