Monday, August 15, 2011

Shorty

Here’s the rundown for today:
1.| I made a really yummy supper tonight. We had sundried tomato and feta-stuffed chicken breasts cooked on a bed of roasting fennel. I’d never tried fennel before. That’s what celery’s SUPPOSED to taste like. Warning: if you don’t like black licorice you’re a wussie you won’t like this.
2.| I’ve lost 4.8 lbs on the new eating plan. Not bad for one week, I must say. Hopefully, I can match it during the second week of the opening sprint. Then all my clothes will fit for fall. Yay! That means I will probably have to go shopping. Boooooo!
3.| In related news, a pair of shorts that haven’t fit all summer are now viable. Another yay! Good thing, too, because I’m sick of walking around the neighborhood in my underwear.
4.| Matt’s sleep test results came in and were not as bad as expected. He’s treatable! Hopefully soon he will be getting more than the equivalent of four hours of sleep a night. There’s also a good chance he will soon cease to sound like a lovesick walrus. And he’ll even be quiet while he’s sleeping!
5.| I sat in the sunshine playing a game for a while and managed to savor the moment with the hot sun on my arm. Bliss!
6.| I got a crack at Matt’s Esquire magazine before he did. What? A girl can’t read Esquire? Don’t be reedeecoolus.
7.| I turned in the symposium proposal. I don’t know if I did it right, but we’ll soon find out.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, this is the part where I muse, ponder, or blather. Today I pick…none! My poor old computer, Big Blue, is having some serious internal problems. My little netbook, EEEEE!, has been picking up the slack, but in the immortal words of Van Halen, she’s, “runnin’ a little bit hot tonight,” so I’ma go have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment