Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweet! Sah-weet! Schweet!

Here’s the roundup:
1.| It is my awesome sister’s birthday today! HOLLA! To celebrate I found the fake car key she had accidentally lost in my bathroom wastebasket. You don’t want to know.
2.| I was encouraged by one of my professors to submit a proposal for giving a paper at a conference. Since my compy crashed, it looks like I may not be able to do it this time, but it was a nice compliment.
3.| My husband is a wonderful cook. He made broccoli and cauliflower resemble couscous. If it weren’t for his cooking, I’d have quit this new diet Maintainable New Lifetime Way of Eating.
4.| Ricotta cheese + peanut butter + cinnamon = reason to live.
5.| My buddy Craig Ferguson. I love the filthy-mouthed Scotsman. His shenanigans are my lifeline through the hell that is sugar withdrawal. True story.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Not a whole lot funny about sugar withdrawal. My day was so focused on my physical discomfort that it was harder than usual to knock out even a few ideas. So, I’m keepin’ it short, distracting myself, and hoping I feel better tomorrow.
I kept wondering all day what it would be like to be in withdrawal from something serious. I can’t even imagine.
So: I’m thanking my lucky stars that…frosting….chocolate frosting…shortbread…dates…carrot cake…carrrottttttt caaaaaaaaaake…cream-filled bismarcks…peeeanut butttterrrrr cuuuuuupppps…
*Tremble* *Shake* *Whimper*

No comments:

Post a Comment