Monday, August 8, 2011

Thanks, Everybody!


Here’s the roundup:
1|  I am extremely flattered and grateful that some of you have told me that you like this blog. Since it is both fun to write, and people like it…well, that’s pretty happymaking, right there.
2 |  So far on the new eating plan, I’m not hungry at all. It is kind of weirding me out, but I am grateful that my stomach hasn’t: a.) complained too much, b.) been upset, or c.) crawled up my esophagus and found someplace else to live.
3 |  Cooking brings me joy. I love the way my house smells. I love the process. I enjoy the mission of gathering everything I need and then composing something delicious. I love the way Matt and I work together in the kitchen. We know each other well enough that it is an intricate, coordinated dance. We cooperate effortlessly, sweeping by one another, moving aside and around, without actually touching, but feeling intimate just the same.
4 |  Got to sit on the porch and read a cheesy mystery novel for a while, out in the sunshine.
5 |  Despite the fact that my feet hurt pretty badly, taking a walk with Matt after supper was nice. It gave us unplugged time to chat, make decisions, solve problems and gawp at the neighbors’ gardens.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Work is the single-most difficult area for me to find happiness right now. I miss being a full-time writer. I miss the solitude of that profession, and the fact that the only demands that are placed on you are the ones you place on yourself. I struggle with it every day.
What about you? Are you one of the lucky ones who loves what you do? If you don’t love it, are there enough parts of it that don’t suck to make it worth your time? Are you able to separate who you are from what you do? Are you just there for the paycheck?
I go back tomorrow after a few days off. I am determined to find something that makes me happy. Check in tomorrow to see if I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I am working my way up to current with your blog, and I am really enjoying it. I have laughed out loud a couple of times, and I am thinking - on a certain deep level that only comes with being immersed in learning new material in school (you know, the one where everything you read, say or think pertains to your educational experience!) about how happiness is expressed in your body on an innate level in EVERY cell! How cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete